What is included?
- All accommodations in excellent hotels (in general boutique hotels that depict the charm of the country rather then international chains)
- Transportation in new vehicles AC/Heat with experienced drivers in Northern, Central and Southern Tunisia. Our policy on 4X4 SUVs in the desert differs from that of most operators in Tunisia, in the sense that we would never allow 6 people in one SUV vehicle. In fact, we aim for 4 persons by vehicle to allow all the space needed to our travelers. Only in rare instances would we have 5 in an SUV (in general the guide with a family of 4)
- Airport reception and transfers will be arranged at no charge for those participantsindependently from when you are arriving or departing (other operators charge extra if you are not arriving and departing on the scheduled days)
- English-speaking Tunisian Tour Director and Historian: We differentiate ourselves by providing our travelers the opportunity to learn extensively about our 3,000 years history with the best Tunisia English-speaking specialist historian (see biographies in your itinerary)
- Miscellaneous fees: Baggage handling/service fees, Parking fees/Highway fees, Hotel tax and service charges , Government fees and local handling charges
- Breakfasts and other meals as specified in the itinerary. Each tour’s itinerary lists the meals provided, every day. “B” is breakfast. “L” is lunch. “D” is dinner
- All Entrance fees in sites and monuments
- Domestic flight (in general one way flight Djerba-Tunis)
- Pre-departure travel package that will be sent to you at a maximum of two weeks prior to your departure from the USA
- The full services of PromoTunisia in the USA and Tunisia, before, during, and after your trip. We have a fully staffed team in the US and in Tunisia seven days a week so you have guidance and help available before and during your trip
- Meetings with experts (Architect in charge of restoring the Medina, civil society…)
- The overwhelming majority of our trips are small groups (maximum of 8 to 10 persons)
- We include less common things like attending traditional music concerts, learning how to make a traditional couscous, and small extras (jasmine, free pastries…)
Additional Inclusions for Personalized Itineraries
- Customized itinerary
- Personalized sightseeing with your own driver and guide
What is not included?
- International airfare to and from Tunisia is additional. PromoTunisia will be happy to assist in your air ticketing
- Tips to main guide and driver
- Alcoholic beverages, a-la-carte orders, room service
- Telephone and laundry charges
- Excess baggage charges
- Expenses incurred by PromoTunisia in making individual travel arrangements in conjunction with the tour
Registration & Payment
- PromoTunisia requests our travelers to complete and mail this Registration Form
- PromoTunisia requires a $500 deposit upon return of your registration form for a tour. The balance is due 60 days prior to departure. Payment is by check, money order or credit card* (Visa or Mastercard only)
* 3.9% additional merchant fee
Cancellations & Refunds
- Our cancellation policy is the most flexible because of our long lasting relationships in Tunisia. Our sole destination is Tunisia because that is where we have a competitive advantage and relationships that allow us to provide the utmost, best priced and best quality travel
- If cancellation is made more than 60 days prior to departure, there will be a $300 per person cancellation charge. If cancellation is made 30-60 days prior to departure, there will be a $500 per person cancellation charge plus any non-refundable prepaid expenses. For cancellations 7-30 days prior to departure, there will be a $700 per person cancellation charge plus any non-refundable prepaid expenses. There are no refunds for “no-shows” or for cancellations within 7 days of departure
- You can pay $150 upfront at time of booking (in addition to your deposit), and not incur any cancellation fees up until 7 days prior to departure
- PromoTunisia’s preferred travel insurance company is CSA Travel Protection. For further information about their insurance options, please refer to their website: www.csatravelpro.com, or contact them directly at (800) 348-9505
- PromoTunisia can refer you to two additional travel insurance providers who would provide you with customized quote that you can flexibly choose from depending on your needs
Quality is First and Foremost
- Discovering Carthaginian, Roman and Byzantine archaeological and historical treasures all classified in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- Experiencing a complete change of scenery from the Mediterranean coastline to the Sahara desert and a taste for adventure (camel riding, Sahara walks..). Walk in the mountain oases of Tamerza and Tataouine where “the English Patient”, “Star Wars” and “Indiana Jones” were filmed.
- Tasting exquisite Mediterranean and Tunisian cuisine that will be served in exotic settings (under AC/Heat luxury tents in the middle of the desert, in 1001 nights Ottoman restored Palaces or overlooking the Mediterranean).
- Immersing you in the local culture through various activities (e.g., musical events, couscous cooking demonstrations, festivals…)
- Traveling in a small group (8 to 10 max) with top of the line, often small boutique hotels 4* or 5* depicting the charm of the country, near points of interest such as Medinas and colorful markets.
- Most trips are led by renowned Tunisian historian Mohamed Halouani, an unfailing source of knowledge and a great traveling companion. Testimonies of past travelers indicate that Mohamed made their experience truly unique. He has access to several specialists and private homes/museums including an architect in charge of restoring an old ottoman palace in the Medina, a private mosaics museum, a local family of Berbers near Matmata and several other “add-ons” that provides a unique cultural and people experience to your travelers.